Jerrold L. Steigman
Jerry Steigman represents individuals and companies in investigations, white-collar criminal prosecutions, and complex civil and antitrust litigation. Representative matters include:
- Representing executive in federal multi-district litigation over alleged generic pharmaceutical price fixing
- Defending physician in a federal health care fraud investigation
- Defending multinational life insurance company in a FINRA proceeding
- Defense of witnesses in a state criminal fraud investigation
- Defense of individuals and businesses in federal civil forfeiture litigation
- Defense of entrepreneur in an SEC enforcement action
Prior to joining the firm, Jerry served for more than eight years as a state fraud and corruption prosecutor. At the New York State Office of the Attorney General, in the Criminal Division’s Public Integrity Bureau, he investigated and prosecuted state and local government officials and their associates, and was awarded the Attorney General’s Louis J. Lefkowitz Memorial Award for outstanding performance. At the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, in the Investigation Division’s Racket’s Bureau, he investigated and prosecuted corruption in business and government, including in long-term eavesdropping investigations, and was trial counsel in several complex fraud cases.
Prior to his service as a prosecutor, Jerry was an associate at Morvillo, Abramowitz, Grand, Iason & Anello, PC. Following law school, he clerked for the Honorable Joan M. Azrack of the Eastern District of New York.
Jerry is a member of the New York City Bar and serves on the Antitrust & Trade Regulation Committee and its Reports and Amicus Briefs subcommittee. His pro bono activities include representing individuals in federal and state custody in compassionate release applications.
- Brooklyn Law School, 2004, cum laude, Executive Notes and Comments Editor, Journal of Law & Policy
- Binghamton University, BS, BA 1996
- New York, Second Circuit Court of Appeals, EDNY, SDNY